[Koha-devel] BibLibre hires a student to work during summer for the community

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Apr 4 20:53:07 CEST 2013

On 5 April 2013 06:13, Galen Charlton <gmc at esilibrary.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Welcome, Kenza!
>
> Regards,

Welcome from me also Kenza

You might like to talk with Chris Hall, who also started working on
Koha as a student over summer, ended up doing most of the conversion
to Template::Toolkit and is still working on Koha over 2 years later
... it can be addictive :)

Some ideas I can think of,
Unit tests (you knew I was going to say that didn't you Paul :)) -
http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/HTML_Report/?
Specifically
http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/HTML_Report/C4-OAI-Sets-pm.html
http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/HTML_Report/C4-HTML5Media-pm.html
and
http://jenkins.koha-community.org/job/Koha_master/HTML_Report/C4-External-BakerTaylor-pm.html

But also, if you have a spare server, I would like to make that a
slave server for Jenkins, so that after running the unit tests, it
does a full deploy there, then we can run more functional tests. IE
testing /svc/new_bib/ .. run through a couple of circ tests etc.
So writing WWW::Mechanize tests to test things functions also.

I'd like to build up a set of tests that can simulate an hour in an
average(ish) library, and have them running after any successful
jenkins build. I can help with the jenkins side and scripting the
deploy, (i'll be doing it with packages) but having someone write the
tests (Jared has a good start in his release manager scripts) would be
awesome.

Chris