[Koha-devel] Koha numbering

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Fri Apr 5 09:40:22 CEST 2013

Hello koha-devel,

Throwing the question : after version 3.10, we're about to release 3.12,
the next version is expected to be 3.14

My question is a small one : what does the "3." mean for us ?
The 3.12 is really different from 3.0, that has been released 5 years
ago. Remembering history, we switched from 1.x to 2.x when MARC support
was added. We switched from 2.x to 3.x when zebra became our search engine.

What could/should we expect to decide to switch to 4.x ?

Another option I see could be to remove the "3." and name version 12.0,
12.1, 12.2, 14.0, 14.1,... (that would be fine for the current
updatedatabase mechanism)

Thoughts ?

--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre