[Koha-devel] Koha numbering

Ian Walls koha.sekjal at gmail.com
Mon Apr 8 18:02:43 CEST 2013

I'm on the side of moving to Koha 4.0, and then looking into a
browser-based means of upgrading the system from there.  Firefox, Chrome,
Dokuwiki and most mobile apps do not require any kind of additional process
to upgrade; you just click the button, and it works (or you look up, and
it's updated, if you have automation turned on).

The amount of work this would require is significant, and in itself could
justify jumping to a new whole number.  But having a means whereby
libraries can handle the upgrade process on their own timetable, without
any need to dip into the commandline.  Obviously this would only work for
folks following the mainline of Koha, not those working on their own
branches, but if you're doing that, you're already responsible for keeping
your code up to date and rebased.

-Ian