[Koha-devel] Koha.next: Consolidate OPAC themes?

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 13:23:04 CEST 2013

This these have been my thoughts exactly as well. I think it would be best
if the templates were pure unstyled html that are well classed and all
elements should have unique id's as well. Each theme should just be css and
presentation javascript.

In addition, I think we should completely remove the necessity of passing
in system preferences to the templates from perl scripts, and switch to
using a TT plugin for accessing system preferences.

Ian also has a very good point about standard naming conventions. It would
be great to get all the variations on naming wrangled into one standard
version.

Another thought I've had that would simplify Koha and keep it more DRY
would be to implement ajax based widgets. For instance, both circulation.pland
moremember.pl display a list of holds in a tab, but each is a separate
implementation. If we just made this code a widget ( or even just a .inc
file with all the required html and javascript ) we could reuse it on any
page we wanted to.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )