[Koha-devel] Koha.next: Consolidate OPAC themes?

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Thu Apr 11 13:26:43 CEST 2013

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 7:42 PM, David Cook <dcook at prosentient.com.au>wrote:

> I'm not sure what I think about using ajax based widgets. In theory, I like
> the idea, but I don't think it's a good idea for all of Koha to bust if
> someone has their Jscript turned off. Includes might be a decent compromise
> though. I think we do need to cut down on how much code is duplicated
> across
> different modules (or even in the same module in some cases).

Yeah, I keep forgetting that we need Koha to function without javascript ; )

I think includes will be the way to go. We can even make the includes more
function-like
by defining blocks within the .inc files so we can pass in different data.
That way
we can use the same block for different data loops on the same page.
http://www.template-toolkit.org/docs/manual/Directives.html#section_INCLUDE

Another thing we might do to simplify is to use TT's WRAPPER directive. We
can
put everything from <body> up, and the bottom include in the wrapper. We
can then
include a block that gets defined within a given template for including
javascript or
other .inc files within the header.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info