[Koha-devel] time to remove TT display code for Koha?

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Thu Apr 25 08:03:16 CEST 2013

On 25 April 2013 17:53, Mason James <mtj at kohaaloha.com> wrote:
> hi All
>

> is it time to remove the TT display code in Koha, now that we have the 'better' XSLT display code?

I'm guessing you mean for displaying the bibliographic data, since
that is all we are using the XSLT for, at this stage it feels a bit
like a make work scheme to me, and something far to dangerous to do
this close to a release. It means editing the about 4 .pl files and
their corresponding templates and not sure it gains us much?
The first thing to do IMHO would be to release 3.14 (or maybe 3.12)
with the XSLT on by default for new installs, then remove after,
otherwise suddenly people who upgrade will have their public and staff
interface suddenly change on them.

Chris