[Koha-devel] [Koha] Who is Live DVD manager of version 3.12.x?

Mark Tompsett mtompset at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 26 20:06:49 CEST 2013

Greetings,

Putting aside the arguments for a live DVD, a couple good points have been
made or implied, and probably should be reiterated:
1) A 3.12.0 Live DVD doesn't constitute being part of the current team
(3.12.3).
2) Cross posting to koha and koha-devel is typically a bad idea.
3) The effort to dump a single DVD every 6 or months does not compare to the
effort put in by the release manager nor even the release maintainers.
4) You can't get the title once and expect it forever.

You showed up on IRC once long ago, but don't visit. I have not seen you
posting questions or answers in either the koha or koha-devel mailing lists.
To be honest, VKV, how can you desire to be part of the community when the
community doesn't see you as active?

If the role of Live DVD Manager/Maintainer is to be kept, and there are
hints at dumping it because the required effort is not being put forth, I
would expect (at least):
- Make a Live DVD iso no later than a week after every package release at
latest. It is usually released within a week of the tarballs.
- Be active on the IRC channel to stay aware of bugs and issues that are
popping around. If you were on IRC, you could ask eythian yourself if the
packages were ready.
- Be active on the Koha mailing lists answering questions and even asking
some occasionally.
I'm sure others could chime in requirements. Given the general dislike of a
Live DVD, because of the abuses that can (and most likely will) occur
(running a Live DVD in a production system), you are going to have to work
to earn the respect and title. You haven't been doing that, as far as I can
tell.

I would also like to point out that this title has been given to someone
else for 3.14.
http://wiki.koha-community.org/w/index.php?title=Roles_for_3.14
However, they too have been as poorly active as you. That is probably why
they are in the release notes. Your term ended with the release of 3.12.0.

The next koha meeting is September 11.
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/General_IRC_meeting,_11_September_2013
Start attending the meetings regularly, even though the timezone shift gets
inconvenient at times.

GPML,
Mark Tompsett