[Koha-devel] RSS method for checking and warning about current installed version

Tomas Cohen Arazi tomascohen at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 23:55:02 CET 2013

My main concern is people having Koha instances that already reached EOL
and/or are not supported anymore. How to do it is the topic in discussion.
I like the idea of a button (maybe in the form of a tab in the about page
;-) and maybe with a disclamer notice and a confirmation button). Having a
syspref defaulting to "disabled" could work if this is troublesome in
several jurisdictions.

Regards
To+

On Tue, Dec 3, 2013 at 7:46 PM, Paul A <paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>wrote:

>  At 07:48 AM 12/4/2013 +1300, Chris Cormack wrote:
>
> On 4/12/2013 6:38 am, "Tomas Cohen Arazi" <tomascohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > What would you think of adding some way for the about.pl page to load
> information on newer versions available, or even if the currently used
> branch has reached EOL?
> >
> I like this idea, assuming it is an opt in option. (and easily switched
> off again too)
> Chris
>

> Tomás, please tell me that this does NOT involve instances of Koha
> attempting, unsupervised, to contact an external website.
>
> Thanks and best regards,
> Paul

Tomás Cohen Arazi
Prosecretaría de Informática
Universidad Nacional de Córdoba
✆ +54 351 4333190 ext 13168
GPG: B76C 6E7C 2D80 551A C765  E225 0A27 2EA1 B2F3 C15F