[Koha-devel] ping Koha (developers) community

Chris Cormack chris at bigballofwax.co.nz
Mon Dec 9 21:04:55 CET 2013

On 10 December 2013 08:58, Brendan Gallagher <info at bywatersolutions.com> wrote:
> I guess my follow up would be.
>
> Yes rebasing is frustrating and sucks a lot of time.  I don't know the
> answers.  But I would like to ask.  What can we do better to get our patches
> accepted faster?  (Is it really just sending Cait and Galen cookies
> everyday?)...  There has got to be somethings that those devs who maybe
> aren't feeling the same frustration can lets us all know?

Speaking for myself, I find if I do small patches, in a set, it is
much easier for me to rebase. I also find rebase -i --onto a useful
tool too.

I prefer lots of tiny conflicts, to one patch with massive ones.
Hopefully that is useful.

I am also trying to work on some tools (in my spare time) to help make
it easier to find patches to sign off.

http://dashboard.koha-community.org/taskboard

This is not finished yet, but it is all patches awaiting sign off, in
date order (oldest first) colour coded by severity. If you mouseover
you can see the description, if you click you can claim one. (The
claim is not fully working yet) I plan to finish this, and have it
refreshing so its up to date, so we can not double up on patches/bugs.

I then plan to do one for the signed off patches, where the colours
are who can QA them. I spent a lot of time when I was on the QA team
clicking on a bug, then seeing oh its a Catalyst patch, or oh a
Catalyst person signed this off. I want to make it easy to see which
ones are available.

Chris