[Koha-devel] Koha 3.12.x and VIAF

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Dec 26 16:07:34 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Dec 25, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Partha Mukhopadhyay <psm_vu at india.com> wrote:
> Thanks Stefano Bargioni. Excellent solution. It s as good as your smart
> script to use Lined Open Data (LOD) in authority control. I tested it on
> Koha 3.12.X as well in Koha 3.14. In both the cases it rocked. One question
> (asking too many??)-  in Koha 3.14 one utility (infact a long awaited
> utility) added to search authority records from Z 39.50 sever. Do you know
> any specific name authority server details? irspy.com is giving list for
> bibliographic data server only.

The US Library of Congress makes its name and subject authority
records available via Z39.50.  Access information can be found at:

http://www.loc.gov/z3950/lcserver.html#addr

The National Library of Australia does as well, although one might
have to purchase a subscription for full access.  Nonetheless,
connection information can be found at:

http://www.nla.gov.au/librariesaustralia/services/search/z3950/

Regards,

Galen