[Koha-devel] Amazon Cover Images

Sophie Meynieux sophie.meynieux at biblibre.com
Mon Feb 4 16:36:22 CET 2013

Hi,

Some of our clients are using AmazonCoverImages or OPACAmazonCoverImages
system preferences to display cover of items.
But sometimes no cover is found although it exists in Amazon catalog.
It is because images are identified by an internal number (ASIN) in
Amazon whereas Koha uses ISBN. For old books, ASIN and ISBN10 are the
same, but since ISBN13 exists, ASIN and ISBN do not match any more.

This is explained here (I could not find the same page in english, but
maybe you it could be translated) :
https://partenaires.amazon.fr/gp/associates/help/t23/a1

It seems that Amazon provides some services to find ASIN from any ISBN
but it's not clear for me how to use it. Has anyone already try them ?

Sophie

--
Responsable support
BibLibre