[Koha-devel] Amazon Cover Images

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Thu Feb 7 11:24:26 CET 2013

I've played with this idea of a cover images centralized cache of URLs.
I have a mock-up. Anybody interested in testing, commenting?

Client side (Koha), two syspref enable the service. URL are fetched from
the cache, via JSONP, just Google Books:

http://git.tamil.fr/?p=koha;a=commitdiff;h=e8e223437a5f61c8320cba1b9563a2eb81a6f9f2

Server side, it's a node.js + redis small application:

http://git.tamil.fr/?p=coce;a=commitdiff;h=5e8021a95df07c7a5b14692955ac4c23c7490990

It works now with Amazon and Google Books, but can be extended easily to
support other providers. It could work with other ILS than Koha. I can
show how it works on a Koha devel instance.