[Koha-devel] Amazon Cover Images

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Thu Feb 21 08:01:49 CET 2013

> although, i should also mention that while OpenLibrary may not be
> actively adding new cover images ...there are still 13 million?
> *existing* cover-images at OL, that will hopefully remain available
> for us to use - until we sort a work-around :)

A work-around like siphoning OL cover images, and offering an
alternative service? with the associated legal risks, but who knows exactly?

OCLC seems to use their own covert art service. For example:

http://coverart.oclc.org/ImageWebSvc/oclc/+-+265680479_140.jpg

Anybody knows if it is available from the outside, and at which
conditions? I doubt it would be any better than Amazon/Google Book
license agreement.