[Koha-devel] Can we create templates for branches.

Martin Renvoize martin.renvoize at ptfs-europe.com
Mon Jan 7 10:40:00 CET 2013

Hi Quoc Uy,

I've got a feeling your misunderstanding the virtual hosts set-up that
Jonathan and Liz are talking about.  In the setup described you are using
one koha install with on database and one staff client.  The big difference
is that your using multiple OPAC's for that single koha instance so you can
give each library their own opac style.

So you end up with a custom opac with it's own unique url for each branch.
 I don't believe the functionality your looking for to change the styling
only upon login on one url currently exists.

Martin

On 5 January 2013 13:08, Quoc Uy <nguyenquocuy_1102 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> To Liz and Jonathan: What you two said is similar:
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Support_for_multiple_PAC_interfaces_by_URL_RFC
> I'm not sure about what you are talking is about independent branches or
> separated instances. Now we can create a lot of instances with only one
> Koha installation, each instance has its own database, URL (opac and
> intranet), and of course they have their own CSS, HTML templates. But it's
> not what i mean.
> Branches use only 1 shared database, and all user only need to access to
> only one URL, and only when they login, they will see different interfaces,
> based on branch library they registered. If we have only 1 databases for
> 100 branches, it's easy for us to maintenance, manage, control system
> preferences. It goes with SYS.Pref Independent branches turn to ON.
> Sorry for any miss-understanding.
> Best regards!

Martin Renvoize
Software Engineer, PTFS Europe Ltd