[Koha-devel] "Damaged" values

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Wed Jan 9 18:25:16 CET 2013

Happy New Year to all,

Finally made 3.8.5 public at <http://opac.navalmarinearchive.com> but have
not really "published the news" yet. One glitch that I would really like to
re-address is the "damaged" values.

Problem: example at
<http://opac.navalmarinearchive.com/cgi-bin/koha/opac-search.pl?q=Whaling+and+old+Salem>
-- red label "Reference only: Damaged (1)" when the book is "Normal wear",
but "Normal wear" is properly shown in the item's "MARC detail."

In 3.6.x (with Robin Sheat's kind assistance, see below) we successfully
used additional auth values of "damaged"
2       Unknown         Condition not stated
1       Damaged         Some damage noted
0       Not damaged     Not damaged
-1      Used book       Used book
-2      Normal wear     Normal wear

but in 3.8 the "fix" is no longer functional. In 3.6 it was a fairly
trivial change to detail.pl 'if ($item->{damaged})' using >0 -- but a grep
in 3.8.4/5 shows that this phrase has disappeared (and I've spent some time
looking for "damaged" across Perl, xslt, inc, tt, etc. with no luck.)

Could some kind soul please suggest where I start looking for a solution?

Thanks in advance and best regards,
Paul