[Koha-devel] Permission vs System preference

Heather Braum (NEKLS) hbraum at nekls.org
Wed Jul 31 21:33:09 CEST 2013

We are interested at some point in a development that would hide the "Edit
items in batch"; "Delete items in batch"; and "Delete all items" options in
the Edit menu of the detail.pl page through either a user permission or a
system preference. It was suggested I contact the developers list to see
what community developers think about this as a permission vs system
preference.

In our consortial environment, these are not good features to have
available to anyone. Right now we have these options hidden through some
hardcoding, but of course this has to be added manually after every upgrade
by our support vendor.

Any thoughts/input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Heather Braum
Digital and Technical Services Librarian
Northeast Kansas Library System
hbraum at nekls.org

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those cannot read
and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn." ~Alvin
Toffler, *Rethinking the Future*