[Koha-devel] Koha + Blacklight

Fitzpatrick, Christopher cf at wmu.se
Tue Jun 25 14:30:47 CEST 2013

Hi,

Thanks for the kind words and interest.

For transferring records, at the moment I'm simply taking a dump of all the
MARC records and indexing them using SolrMarc. It's a script I have running
on a nightly cron. We don't accession new items very frequently, so once a
day for bibliographic data updates is ok.

Yes, the koha-restful is the BibLibre code. I have a fork (
https://github.com/cfitz/koha-restful ) where I added a couple of methods I
needed.

As soon I get back to work, I'm planning on redoing most of the
Koha-related code in the app. I want to have closer to real time index
updates, with the plans on actually indexing item availability (a big
feature request for us is students want to be able to search on items that
are available now or are currently shelved in certain areas). So, I think
the restful api code will be used just for renewals, holds, and other user
account stuff.

b,chris.