[Koha-devel] [OT] email volume, was Old bugs to check

MJ Ray mjr at phonecoop.coop
Fri Mar 1 01:55:33 CET 2013

Chris
> WOW! Sounds like its time to unsubscribe from a few lists. ;-)

Which, though?  Koha, the co-op, debian, ...  I'm really not on many
lists which are completely optional these days.

Sadly, a few people aren't very good at using mailing lists in a
structured way and do things like sending development messages to the
main user list, which means I subscribe to a few more lists than
ideal... but it's not too bad.  My email tools are pretty good for
processing high volumes, but you might notice that I'll often ignore
people who send emails on new topics as replies to other emails
(sometimes called "thread hijacking") or quote whole digests, because
they struggle with those sorts of things.

One thing that is surprising is that the number of people who send me
a direct cc of an on-list reply is *increasing*.  It seems email
software may be slipping backwards, with fewer email clients
supporting mailing lists and the List-Post header.  That's a bit sad.

Walking the Kibo path,