[Koha-devel] My talk on Live DVD blue print

Vimal Kumar V. vimal0212 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 10:22:55 CET 2013

Dear Friends,

I am in a sad situation.
When I try to click on edit button of Koha wiki page, it ask to download a
index.php file.
So, I could not add the suggestion in Talk page. Please consider my
suggestions and add in talk page.

1. Inclusion of too many materials (e.g. Video tutorials) make the DVD big.
Inclusion of manual is OK. It will take too much time for download.

2. Addition of Offline client is a nice suggestion. Need to add any other
useful small tools (e.g. glabel) ?

3. Chris mentioned about GUI for backup from Koha staff client. This
feature available in Koha 3.12 version?

4. We can create a new framework for customized fields. Upgrade to new
version shatter this framework?

5. In my opinion Remastersys is good for creating a clone of the system.
Simplicity is the main feature.
Users can make ISO of the system as a backup using remastersys.
 Its backup mechanism can retain user settings and the exact environment of
the master PC.

Regards,

--
Vimal Kumar V.