[Koha-devel] Indexing KOHA - SOLR or ELASTICSEARCH

Claire Hernandez claire.hernandez at biblibre.com
Mon Mar 11 09:16:46 CET 2013

Le 10/03/2013 20:04, Rafael Antonio a écrit :
> All of us know some difficulties with ZEBRA mainly for UNIMARC flavour.
> Some friends are pushing SOLR as an alternative but now we are seeing
> ELASTICSEARCH.
> What you think about it ?
I heard good things about elasticsearch, behind, it is always Lucene
like Solr. The abstract search layer can accept as many search engine as
you wish, you would just have to implement the layer. But today, the
point is, before doing anything more, the layer should be completly
working with zebra. I know Jared is doing developpment around Zebra
refactoring.
> I have another question about replacing ZEBRA. How do we maintain
> Z39.50 server ?
(We are not talking about replacing Zebra.)

In BibLibre Solr implementation, we developped a Z39.50 server based on
Net::Z3950::SimpleServer and Regexp::Grammar.You can have a look here:
http://git.biblibre.com/?p=koha;a=blob;f=C4/RPN2Solr/lib/RPN2Solr.pm;h=5d06229eabb607cc14be1470a678b333e5958ddb;hb=refs/heads/dev/solr

Have a good day,

Claire.