[Koha-devel] OpenSUSE (part two)

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Tue Mar 26 05:06:12 CET 2013

Hi again, Mark:

(I should really read through all my digests before replying :P)

I've been planning to put together a test box at home to re-test and
re-document different installation methods (Git, Tarball, Packages) on
different operating systems (Debian, OpenSUSE), especially using plain
language that non-developers will understand.

My main goal is to provide a set of installation documents that anyone
interested in installing and using Koha will be able to pick up and go from
point A to point K without too much hair-pulling. My ultimate goal is to
empower the library students at my old library school, and then hopefully
library students and librarians elsewhere.

Of course, that's all on my personal time, so it hasn't been a priority yet.
I'm hoping to get a box this week though, and to start testing...well...when
I get some time. I actually do love documenting (I have an English degree
and a touch of OCD :p), so it's just a matter of time.

If you've already started doing some work, I have a colleague who has a
recently installed OpenSUSE VM on his computer, and he would be more than
happy to test out anything you've put together so far. To be honest, my
first "project" is to test out some simplified installation instructions
that Chris Hall has provided to me, but since we use OpenSUSE here at
Prosentient, I'm certainly interested by this topic and I'm happy to help
out if there's anything specific you have in mind.

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems P/L
ABN 31 078 409 168