[Koha-devel] a suggestion for signing-off patches?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri May 3 19:01:37 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 9:43 AM, Mason James <mtj at kohaaloha.com> wrote:
> when signing off patches, could we agree to make it compulsory for people to add a quick comment
> to either the bug ticket, (or to the patch itself)?
>
> it just needs to be a few words, like 'works great!', or 'tested ok', etc...
>
> what do people think?

The act of signing off should _already_ have the meaning and
expectation that the person signing off on it has tested it.  If
somebody has signed off on a patch, there isn't necessarily anything
more to communicate that the Bugzilla status change and Signed-off-by
line in the patch don't already signal.

Why make an additional comment compulsory?  What specific problem
would this solve?

Regards,

Galen
--