[Koha-devel] Major surprise - "automatic" upgrade

Chris Cormack chrisc at catalyst.net.nz
Tue May 7 07:40:12 CEST 2013

* Robin Sheat (robin at catalyst.net.nz) wrote:
> Robin Sheat schreef op di 07-05-2013 om 17:13 [+1200]:
> > So, it deletes the same records twice? That seems a bit fishy.
>
> Oh, I overlooked where you said you restored the DB. Ignore this bit.
>
> One important thing is that you never look at the version the very
> moment _before_ you run cleanup_database.pl so we really have no
> reference to come from.

Also we can see it hasn't updated the database, because it would not
be in maintenance mode if it had.

That is not updated until you log into the webinstaller and upgrade
the db.
All that has happened is you have the koha-conf.xml and the the
apache2 config pointing to your 3.8.10 code.

Like I previously said this can only happen if you untarred over top
of your old directory or you run make upgrade.

So there is a lot more diagnostics we need to see exactly what you
have done. Including seeing which koha-conf.xml you have set before
you run the cleanup script and what directory that file points to.

Chris

--
Chris Cormack
Catalyst IT Ltd.