[Koha-devel] OPAC dir structure redesign

Kyle Hall kyle.m.hall at gmail.com
Tue May 7 16:21:30 CEST 2013

I'd be willing to donate some time to this project. I think we need very
standard variable names. For example, any and all pages about a single
patron should have a standard patron variable ( let's say "Borrower" ). The
same thing should go for records. Each record should have the biblio and
biblioitem fields at the first level, and an "items" field that is an array
of the items. Any pages with a plurality of records or patrons would just
have a plural name instead ( "Borrowers" ), and be an array of the same
data the singular would have.

My instinct is telling my that DBIx::Class would make this easy, as it can
do lazy fetches of data so we aren't loading up data that never gets used.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kyle

http://www.kylehall.info
ByWater Solutions ( http://bywatersolutions.com )