[Koha-devel] Major surprise - "automatic" upgrade

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Wed May 8 01:03:19 CEST 2013

Paul schreef op di 07-05-2013 om 12:18 [-0400]:
> Respectfully, no.  Where did the "newer code" come from without
> running
> Makefile.pl, make, make install as a "sudoer"?  I was simply running
> cleanup_database.pl as user=koha without sudo privileges.

Out of curiosity, is the code in /usr/share/koha owned by root or by
koha? If by root, then this is simply impossible barring a hyuuge
security issue in Linux. If by koha, well that's bad configuration, but
doesn't address the issue as a whole.

In your earlier post, you didn't show us the version immediately before
running cleanup, or at least, it was unclear. You showed it, did some
other stuff, and then ran clean up. You need to look at kohaversion.pl
_immediately_ before, and _immediately_ after. Otherwise any one of the
other steps could have been involved.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.