[Koha-devel] Continue maintenance of 3.8?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Mon Nov 4 01:00:06 CET 2013

Hi,

On Mon, Nov 4, 2013 at 1:19 AM, Paul A <paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com>wrote:

> Also, please correct me if I'm wrong: when 3.14 comes out 3.8 will be
> "old" and perhaps more or less fall off the edge of the world (like 3.6 at <
> http://download.koha-community.org/>?) so are we talking about product
> enhancements/new features? all bugs? or security patches (critical bugs)
> only?

It would be bugs and security patches only -- project policy is that
maintenance releases do not get new features or enhancements after they
become stable.  Generally speaking, you would be watching the master branch
for bugfixes that are relevant to 3.8 and that can be easily applied using
a so-called cherry-pick of a patch that was pushed to master.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton