[Koha-devel] Linking bibs to authorities

Colin Campbell colin.campbell at ptfs-europe.com
Thu Oct 17 18:35:02 CEST 2013

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 05:53:57PM +0200, Fridolyn SOMERS wrote:
> Hie,
>
> It is because in Zebra, exact search does not work.
> It can find a phrase (all words in same order) but not say if this
> phrase fits the entire (sub)field.

Just an vague idea but I wonder if using zebra (or similar search
utilities) for authorities is really a good idea. They are great for
general bib search where you want to find more, even unexpected results.
But with authorities your concern is to find a specific record as such
the search facilities in a standard db are probably more useful. Just
because a tool works well in one context it does not mean its the best
in another (pick your favourite hammers & scredrivers analogy)
Cheers
Colin

--
Colin Campbell