[Koha-devel] OPAC theme defaults for 3.14

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Oct 24 17:04:51 CEST 2013

Hi,

Another point for discussion: I propose that the Bootstrap OPAC theme be
made the installation default for 3.14, and that we announce deprecation of
the prog and CCSR themes at the same time, with those themes to be removed
(or split into separate packages, if somebody really wants to maintain one
or both) in 3.16.

Why deprecate prog?  For one thing, I don't think we have enough people to
successfully maintain both prog and Bootstrap.

Why deprecate CCSR?  The Bootstrap theme, since it's responsive, provides
support for both mobile devices and desktop screens, thereby addressing the
mobile concerns that motivated the creation of CCSR.  Furthermore, since
CCSR is a derivative of prog, maintaining support for CCSR would
effectively mean maintaining support for prog as well.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton