[Koha-devel] Acquisitions - taxes and friends (if any)

Philippe Blouin philippe.blouin at inLibro.com
Fri Oct 25 13:23:05 CEST 2013

Holà Koha,

I know the experts on Acquisitions are rare and far in-between, but we
got and issue here with the way the taxes are calculated _before
applying shipping charges_.

I talked with Paul Poulain about it (before you refer me to him), and it
seems that in France as well, taxes should apply on shipping.

*My question*: is there any place where the shipping is untaxed?

Because I'd like to determine the easiest and cleanest way to fix it.
1) if taxes should always apply on shipping, just fix the code (and the
invoice presentation)
2) otherwise, if a majority apply the tax (if any) on shipping, but not
all, make it some system preference (and find a way to make it cute in
the invoice)
3) If there are convoluted ways to apply taxes around the world (_that
uses koha-acquisition_ :)), see how we can satisfy everybody.