[Koha-devel] Bug 10454, mysqlism to insert support to sequences

Zeno Tajoli z.tajoli at cineca.it
Mon Oct 28 12:43:46 CET 2013

Hi to all,

I write this mail to revamp the discussion about bug 10454 and to have
more clear idea about MySQLism, Postgresism and DBIx::xxx

As I can  see  DBIx::xx is the ORM select for support different DB.
As I know DBIx::xxx doesn't cover the problem of sequences, so we still
need something like Koha::Sequence.pm.

I think it is mandatory to use inside it MySQLism, Postgresism, etc.
In fact it will became an 'ORM' for sequnces

So to improve it I need something that says me if I use MySQL, Postgres,
etc.

What do you think about use C4::Context->db_scheme2dbi ?

Cheers
Zeno Tajoli
--
Dr. Zeno Tajoli
Dipartimento Gestione delle Informazioni e della Conoscenza
z.tajoli at cineca.it
fax +39 02 2135520
CINECA - Sede operativa di Segrate