[Koha-devel] About "I'm just a bot" on bugzilla

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Wed Sep 18 13:47:02 CEST 2013

Le 18/09/2013 13:38, Paul Poulain a écrit :
> Hello koha-devel,
>
> I see that many patches are now automatically marked as "patch doesn't
> apply", automatically.
>
> If I'm not wrong, it's Chris C. that setup this bot. Useful job.
>
> 2 questions:
>  * Has this been discussed/announced somewhere ? Not on koha-devel,
> somewhere else ?
OK, you beated me by 1mn ;-)

So, you've my comments:
>  * the script is marking as "patch does not apply" patches have a
> conflict. Does it mark as such patches that only have an
> updatedatabase/sysprefs.sql conflict ? Those conflicts happends on every
> updatedatabase push, it would be a pain to have to rebase them on every
> push. 2 options to fix this:
>    - push the new updatedb, that has been tested a lot, is passed QA for
> a while (bug 7167)
>    - Prevent updatedatabase/sysprefs.sql conflicts from resulting in a
> "patch does not apply" status

Another one: why not passing those scripts also to "signed-off" patches
? If a signed-off patch does not apply, the QA team will change the
status to Patch DNA anyway. Except for trivial conflicts, and that may
be a good reason not to automatically change.

Comment/question = is there a way to display the conflict itself in the
comment ? (a kind of $gitoutput =~ /<<<<<<<(.*)>>>>>>>/; print $1;)

--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com