[Koha-devel] RFC: authorities search autocomplete behaviour

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Sep 19 16:16:46 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 6:41 AM, Tomas Cohen Arazi <tomascohen at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, a quick question, based on your experience: once the autocomplete
> feature in authorities search (cataloguing) retreived several results, the
> user is expected to click on one of them if it is what he/she was looking
> for. What should the behaviour be?:
>
> a) The clicked authority record should be left in the search field
> (current) so the user fills some other search fields and then clicks
> 'Search' button.

Good question.  I don't think (c) is the best choice, as I think catalogers
will often want to double-check the authority record before selecting it.
 (b) might work, although I think making it not look weird would mean
redesigning the form a bit.  Consequently, I'd run with (a).

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton