[Koha-devel] Create a new column in biblio table for opac visibiliy status

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Fri Sep 20 18:44:54 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 20, 2013 at 9:30 AM, Mathieu Saby
<mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr>wrote:

>  I was wondering if a script launched by updatedatabase.pl will always
> have rights to access to directory where the /etc/zebra/... will be stored?
> Excuse me if it is a stupid question...
> Is it stored in the environment variable  $KOHA_CONF_DIR ?

Generally, the only stupid questions are the ones not asked.

I think most of the time, updatedatabase.pl would be able to get at the
appropriate Zebra configuration files, although I could envision
split-server configurations where that might not be the case.  On
reflection, though, reliably parsing them to figure out the suppression
subfield is not a non-trivial task, since in the general case you'd have to
consider both GRS-1 and DOM.

Consequently, it is probably best if the feature doesn't immediately
/require/ that biblio.opacsuppressed (or whatever the column gets called)
be populated right off the bat.

Regards,

Galen
--