[Koha-devel] deprecating zebra grs1 one day?

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Sun Sep 22 19:55:15 CEST 2013

Hi

As you know, making patches for Zebra has always be a nightmare. Now
that DOM indexing is possible, it is a double nightmare, because you
need to change 2 mores files (sometimes 4 more files when the bug is
related to Marc21 and Unimarc).
Unimarc conf files are not yet DOM compliant, but I have made some bugs
which were signed off recently, and I hope they will soon pass QA.
So, when it is done, so you think we could some day (for 3.14 ? 3.16?)
get rid of Zebra GRS1 ? It could make simple further improvements.
For example, I would like to make a page for configuring zebra indexes
from staff interface. I think it can be done by parsing bib1,
ccl.properties and xml DOM conf files. But I don't want to parse
record.abs...

Regards,
M. Saby

--