[Koha-devel] Queryparser : still experimental?

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Tue Sep 24 02:45:34 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 11:02 AM, Mathieu Saby <mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
> wrote:

> I've never try to activate Queryparser, and I did not follow at all its
> implementation in Koha (shame!>:o )
> So, could someone remind me if it is still "experimental"?
> Is there some case where activating it could be harmful?
> Is it planned to make its use mandatory one day and to suppress the
> syspref dedicated to it?

QueryParser is a much better implementation, so yes, I do think we should
consider standardizing on it.  Removing the old search parsing code isn't
an option for 3.14 -- too late for that -- but one step we could consider
taking is turning on QueryParser by default for new 3.14 installations.

As with my previous email, I hereby request folks to weigh on.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton