[Koha-devel] deprecating zebra grs1 one day?

Frédéric Demians frederic at tamil.fr
Tue Sep 24 10:27:49 CEST 2013

> I had to edit by hand, because
> etc/zebdradb/xml/koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl does only support
> "substring" in handle-one-index-control-field template. It is good
> for MARC21, but not for UNIMARC : in MARC21, indexing substrings is
> needed for controled field (001-009, with no subfields) But in
> UNIMARC it is needed for subfields of 1XX fields. So if DOM indexing
> is working with these new files, we may need to change
> koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl.

In which patch have you modified koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl file directly?

The 'normal' way to modifiy Zebra DOM indexes is a two step process:

1. Edit indexes defintion in biblio-koha-indexes.xml file.
2. Generate Zebra index building XSL file koha-indexdefs-to-zebra.xsl
   from indexes defintion file biblio-koha-indexdes.xml.

If you bypass step 1, it means that index definition XML file is not
necessary anymore, and so must be removed/deprecated.