[Koha-devel] Test Request

Paul Poulain paul.poulain at biblibre.com
Tue Sep 24 18:31:31 CEST 2013

Le 24/09/2013 18:19, Galen Charlton a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM, Mark Tompsett <mtompset at hotmail.com
> <mailto:mtompset at hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     10589 allows changing the scope of OpacHiddenItems based on Patron
>     Category. For example, one category (let’s say cataloger) could
>     search for hidden items in OPAC for just their branch, while another
>     category (let’s say staff) could search for hidden items in OPAC
>     across all branches, while another category (let’s say patrons)
>     wouldn’t see any of the hidden items. This is configurable via two
>     new system preferences PatronSingleBranch and PatronEveryBranch.
>

> Could you describe the use case that is motivating the proposed feature?
>  Collections that are hidden to some patrons but not all seems an
> uncommon scenario.

I can think of some:
 * teachers can see some documents that students can't
 * "internal" searchers can see some confidential documents, that
"external" patrons can't
Overall, in public libraries, it's probably a rare situation, while in
an academic one, it's more common.

We've at least one library that would love this feature ;-)

PS: it does not mean I endorse the patch by any mean : I haven't looked
at it at all. Just answering Galen use-case question.

--
Paul POULAIN - BibLibre
http://www.biblibre.com