[Koha-devel] writing a file on server from staff interface

Mathieu Saby mathieu.saby at univ-rennes2.fr
Tue Sep 24 21:31:53 CEST 2013

Hi
for my patch about facets, I currently have 2 problems :
1- how to put the file in /etc/ of installation directory (in discussion)
2- how to allow the perl script (from staff interface) to write or
rewrite the yaml configuration file if a librarian decides to change
some settings.

If I do nothing special, YAML::DumpFile fails to (re)write the file,
because -  I suppose - the apache user does not have rights to access
the server.
So, for the moment, the only way I found to make my config file editable
is "chmod 666".
But  I suppose it is not very safe...

Do you know if there is a safer way to do that?  How is managed for
example for SolR configuration files?

Regards
Mathieu

--