[Koha-devel] 3.14 feature freeze notes

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Wed Sep 25 19:49:28 CEST 2013

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 25, 2013 at 1:28 AM, Paul Poulain <paul.poulain at biblibre.com>wrote:

> I'd like to point 2 new features that are not in your queue:
>  * Bug 6874 - File upload in MARC = this enhancement is side-effect
> free, and expected by many libraries

It looks like this one recently went back to a state where it can be
reviewed.  As you say, it is not deeply hooked into core functionality, so
I would think it would have a decent chance of passing QA normally by
feature freeze deadline next week.

>  * Bug 8015 - Add MARC Modifications Templates = this enhancement is
> expected by so many libraries ! (with the 5725, that is a huge lack of
> Koha, according to most of our customers. Probably the largest. I agree
> that 5725 will wait until after 3.14)

As has become evident in discussions of this bug, there is a rather large
problem in the current implementation of this patchset.  I see no good
reason for me to push it while the patchset still uses that big
string-eval; not permitting such a security risk trumps all in this case.

However, I *am* willing to give this one leeway -- if the string-eval is
removed from the implementation, and if it otherwise it satisfies
independent QA review, I am willing to put this one on the list of
enhancement bugs that will be allowed after feature freeze -- though not an
infinite amount of leeway, of course, as anything that looking unstable by
the end of KohaCon is not likely to make it into the release.

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton