[Koha-devel] Module MARC::Record doesn't set well lenght in leader.

Paul paul.a at aandc.org
Mon Sep 30 01:55:10 CEST 2013

At 10:41 PM 9/29/2013 +0200, Zeno Tajoli wrote:
[snip]
>       3  "Invalid indicators \"\c^02\" forced to blanks in record 324 for
> tag 240\cJ"
>       4  'field does not end in end of field character in tag 850 in
> record 324'
[snip]
>As I see the problem start for word 'Qohélet' in the tag 240 and 630.
>I don't know why the leght is wrong and I don't have idea how to fix it.

MARC (specifically LoC) tends to suggest that accented characters like é
are in fact two chars ... and we've found this quite painful under some
circumstances.

You say you're importing from a text file (assuming UTF8). Can you try just
putting a plain "e" (or the old fashioned IBM 130, or ANSI 0233) in this
biblio to see if it works properly? Koha appears to never have problems
with today's UTF char_set based on the older single chars.

Best - Paul