[Koha-devel] Module maintainers

Galen Charlton gmc at esilibrary.com
Thu Apr 10 01:36:15 CEST 2014

Hi,

Marcel had set up a page on the wiki for discussion about the role of
module maintainers, which currently can be found at

http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Talk:What_does_a_module_maintainer_do

However, I want to increase the visibility of the discussion that has
been taking place regarding the role of module maintainers, so I'm
starting a mailing list thread.

I encourage folks to start by reading the wiki page, but to give a
summary of the discussion both on the page and during the general IRC
meeting today, thoughts on a variety of potential parts of the MM's
job have been expressed, including:

- whether or not MMs push patches to master vs. preparing branches for
the RM to pull from
- where MMs fit in the QA process
- the extent to which MMs actively work on their modules (as opposed
to more passively dealing with patches that present themselves)
- the degree to which the workflow for MMs should be determined by the
RM's preferences (and what happens when the position of RM changes)

Regards,

Galen
--
Galen Charlton