[Koha-devel] bug 10461 (acq budget summary) and storage of the prices in database

BOUIS Sonia sonia.bouis at univ-lyon3.fr
Thu Apr 10 14:46:36 CEST 2014

Hi,

Bug 10461 concerns the calculation of the available funds on the home page of acquisition. The amount on this page doesn't add the tax if it exists. It's a problem for my university because for some bookseller we actually pay the tax and, the available funds in the acquisition page are wrong. In other institutions, the library doesn't pay the tax, so they don't want it to be added in the total of the funds.
So, to resolve this problem, can we add 2 new fields in aqbooksellers to mention if the tax must be added in the amount ordered and if the same for the amount spent.
What do you think about it ?

I made some tests for bug 10613 during the biblibre hackfest and all the prices seem to be corrected in the display of acquisition module (except in the home acquisition page if we want to see tax added to total...  this is "in discussion").
During my tests, I found out the storage of prices isn't consistent (to my mind).
I redid my tests today  : in aqbooksellers, you can have 4 combinations :

1.       List prices: Include tax (1) and Invoice prices: Don't include tax(0). In this case, in the order, listprice is store gst incl. and unitprice gst incl (recalculated). For me, unitprice should be store gst excl.

2.       List prices : Don't include tax (0) and Invoice prices : Include tax (1). In this case, in the order, listprice is store gst excl. and unitprice gst excl. For me, unitprice should be store gst incl.

3.        List prices: Don't Include tax (0) and Invoice prices: Don't include tax(0). In this case, in the order, listprice is store gst excl. and unitprice gst excl. Ok.

4.       List prices: Include tax (1) and Invoice prices:  include tax(1). In this case, in the order, listprice is store gst incl. and unitprice gst incl. Ok.

In fact, you need to verify if list prices include  tax to know if unit price is stored gst incl ou gst exclusive. It isn't critical but for me it isn't consistent.
If we admit this comportment and that all the displays are right in Koha, it don't disturb me so much. With the patch of bugs 10613, I think almost all the pages are displayed correctly.

After all, this drives me a little bit crazy and I prefer to throw it away and to work on my other late job.

Do you have any opinion ?

Best regards

Sonia BOUIS

Responsable du Système intégré de gestion des bibliothèques

bIBLIOTHÈQUES UNIVERSITAIRES
Université Jean Moulin Lyon 3
6 Cours Albert Thomas - B.P. 8242 - 69355 Lyon Cedex 08
ligne directe : +33 (0)4 78 78 79 03 | http://scd.univ-lyon3.fr<http://scd.univ-lyon3.fr/>

L'Université Jean Moulin est membre fondateur de l'Université de Lyon