[Koha-devel] Batch label PDF + Arabic

Christopher Nighswonger chris.nighswonger at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 14:07:33 CEST 2014

On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Bernardo Gonzalez Kriegel
<bgkriegel at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Bug 8375 can provide a way to export PDF labels with diacritics,
> and also with Bug 12068 some support for RTL languages, but
> problem is that current code force the use of italic/oblique variant
> for title.
>
> DejaVuSans has a good set of chars for Arabic, but not oblique variant.
>
> My question to the list is how to 'fix' this?
> a) Add a new column to layouts table to save an option to enable/disable
> this title variant

The best way to fix this is to add the option to the layouts table.
This maintains the original intention of label (and patron card)
layouts. System preferences are abused enough as it is and really
should be reserved for cases where there is no other appropriate place
for a given option. Deleting the feature of allowing titles to be
obliqued is a regression.

Kind Regards,
Chris