[Koha-devel] VAT/GST rewrite

Jonathan Druart jonathan.druart at biblibre.com
Thu Aug 28 11:58:44 CEST 2014

Thanks to Katrin and Colin for their questions/notes on the wiki page
(http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/GST_Rewrite_RFC#Questions_.2F_notes)

We need some pov on the following points:
1/ The DB field/variables names
Colin suggested not to truncate the names. But, for instance, rrp_it
would become recommended_retail_price_including_tax, not convenient.
Any thought?
2/ Rounding
I suggest to add a new pref to define the decimal to get for price
calculation. So we need to change all the price DB fields to something
like decimal(13,4).
Does it make sense for everyone?
3/ Unified the "vat", "gst" and "tax" terms into "tax". Which is more generic.

Please express yourself if you disagree.

Regards,
Jonathan