[Koha-devel] VAT/GST rewrite

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Thu Aug 28 15:26:14 CEST 2014

At 11:58 AM 8/28/2014 +0200, Jonathan Druart wrote:
>Thanks to Katrin and Colin for their questions/notes on the wiki page
>(http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/GST_Rewrite_RFC#Questions_.2F_notes)
>[snip]
>2/ Rounding
>I suggest to add a new pref to define the decimal to get for price
>calculation. So we need to change all the price DB fields to something
>like decimal(13,4).

Quick thought: not sure what other institutions use for "accounts", but we
use Sage software which sets up the MySQL db to *two* decimal points for
all items and at all three tax levels (0, 5 and 13%) -- it would perhaps be
useful, particularly if other accounting systems do the same, to maintain
consistency (or at least allow the choice.)  The rounding errors are minor
(they rarely if ever cascade), but a PITA for the auditors.

Best -- Paul