[Koha-devel] yaz-client malfunction?

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Mon Dec 8 23:10:01 CET 2014

Wolfram and Waylon:

If you take a look at retrieval-info-bib-dom.xml, you'll see the available formats (recorded as syntax) and elements (recorded as name). (see: http://www.indexdata.com/yaz/doc/tools.retrieval.html)

At a glance, I see formats for marc21 and xml. I also see elements for F, marc, B, marcxml, index (although the elements depend on the syntax). I think usmarc also stands in for marc21.

For instance, format: xml and elements: index will show you the Zebra indexes for that record. Format: xml and elements: marcxml will show you a MARCXML version of the record, and so on.

Anyway, Waylon, I don't know why you'd be using an element of "marc", but the only time that'll work is if you're using a format of "xml".

David Cook
Systems Librarian
Prosentient Systems
72/330 Wattle St, Ultimo, NSW 2007