[Koha-devel] Clarification of Plack wiki insructions

Dobrica Pavlinusic dpavlin at rot13.org
Thu Dec 18 12:12:42 CET 2014

On Thu, Dec 18, 2014 at 05:03:41AM -0500, Mark Tompsett wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> I am trying to set up plack. I found some instructions here:
> http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Plack
>
> "This instructions assume that your Koha checkout is /srv/koha. If it's in
> some other location, you have to change /srv/koha to correct folder
> throughout all scripts below.
> Create following file and call it opac.psgi"
>
> Great, except I'm not sure where opac.psgi goes. Let's say I have a git
> install: /home/mtompset/kohaclone. Where does opac.psgi go?
> Let's say I have a package install: /usr/share/koha. Where does opac.psgi
> go?

It doesn't really matter. You will start plackup with path to your
opac.psgi, so you can put it anywhere. I prefer to keep it in misc/plack
under my installation, but this is just personal preference.

> And am I correct to assume that /srv/koha is to be substituted with those
> either of those paths that I have given?

Yes. /srv/koha is path to my checkout, so if yours is
/home/mtompset/kohaclone just use that.

> Help and clarification would be appreciated.

Hope this helps. We should really cleanup that page, but since we don't
have official way to install plack it's all duck tape for now :-)

--
Dobrica Pavlinusic               2share!2flame            dpavlin at rot13.org
Unix addict. Internet consultant.             http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin