[Koha-devel] koha-common install

Paul A paul.a at navalmarinearchive.com
Sat Dec 27 00:35:55 CET 2014

Hi Mark and Chris,

Thanks for your input.  Just tried again on a brand new 64-bit Ubuntu
14.04.1 server, perl 5.18, apache 2.4.6, mysql 5.5, memcached, users/pwds,
etc.  This will be one of our new production servers, and I was hoping to
upgrade Koha from our current 3.8.5.

Tried the package first:

paul at hood:/usr/share/koha$ sudo apt-get install koha-common
/... snip .../
  libapache2-mpm-itk
  apache2-mpm-itk
  koha-common

So to get a bit more insight, used the latest tarball:

paul at hood:/usr/share/koha/koha-3.18.02$ perl koha_perl_deps.pl -m -u

                                               Installed         Required
        Module is
Module
Name                                   Version           Version
Required
HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench                     0
*               0.73                    No
Module::Bundled::Files                        0
*               0.03                    No
Readonly::XS                                  0
*               1.02                    No
Test::DBIx::Class                             0
*               0.42                    No
Test::WWW::Mechanize                          1.42
*            1.44                    No

Total modules reported: 5                      * Module is missing or
requires an upgrade.

Now confused as to whether these are required or not???  In any case, perl
Makefile.PL fails:

Warning: prerequisite HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench 0.73 not found.
Warning: prerequisite Test::DBIx::Class 0.42 not found.
Warning: prerequisite Test::WWW::Mechanize 1.44 not found. We have 1.42.
Writing Makefile for koha
Unable to open MakeMaker.tmp: Permission denied at
/usr/share/perl/5.18/ExtUtils/MakeMaker.pm line 1030.

Have tried (unsuccessfully) some attempts with CPAN, e.g.

paul at hood:/usr/share/koha$ sudo cpan HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench
Reading '/home/paul/.cpan/Metadata'
   Database was generated on Fri, 26 Dec 2014 08:53:17 GMT
Running install for module 'HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench'
Running make for A/AD/ADIRAJ/ApacheBench-0.73.tar.gz
Checksum for
/home/paul/.cpan/sources/authors/id/A/AD/ADIRAJ/ApacheBench-0.73.tar.gz ok

   CPAN.pm: Building A/AD/ADIRAJ/ApacheBench-0.73.tar.gz

Checking if your kit is complete...
Looks good
Writing Makefile for HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench
Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
Writing Makefile for HTTPD::Bench::ApacheBench
Writing MYMETA.yml and MYMETA.json
cp lib/HTTPD/Bench/ApacheBench/Regression.pm
blib/lib/HTTPD/Bench/ApacheBench/Regression.pm
cp lib/HTTPD/Bench/ApacheBench/Run.pm blib/lib/HTTPD/Bench/ApacheBench/Run.pm
cp lib/HTTPD/Bench/ApacheBench.pm blib/lib/HTTPD/Bench/ApacheBench.pm
make[1]: Entering directory
`/home/paul/.cpan/build/ApacheBench-0.73-hFvRj7/src'
/usr/bin/perl /usr/share/perl/5.18.2/ExtUtils/xsubpp  -typemap
/usr/share/perl/5.18/ExtUtils/typemap  ApacheBench.xs > ApacheBench.xsc &&
mv ApacheBench.xsc ApacheBench.c
cc -c   -D_REENTRANT -D_GNU_SOURCE -DDEBIAN -fstack-protector
-fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -I/usr/local/include -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE
-D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -O2 -g   -DVERSION=\"0.73\" -DXS_VERSION=\"0.73\"
-fPIC "-I/usr/lib/perl/5.18/CORE"   ApacheBench.c
/bin/sh: 1: cc: not found
make[1]: *** [ApacheBench.o] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/.cpan/build/ApacheBench-0.73-hFvRj7/src'
make: *** [subdirs] Error 2
   ADIRAJ/ApacheBench-0.73.tar.gz
   make -- NOT OK
Running make test
   Can't test without successful make
Running make install
   Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible

Any thoughts, pointers?

Thanks and br -- Paul

P.S. Mark: the additional repositories are in sources.list.d/koha.list, etc
-- not in the main file.