[Koha-devel] Debian repo pocket names changed

Robin Sheat robin at catalyst.net.nz
Tue Dec 30 04:44:30 CET 2014

TL;DR you don't need to do anything, this is just a heads up in case you
notice that instructions differ from what you remember.

I've just changed the names of the repository pockets from 'squeeze' to
'stable', and 'squeeze-dev' to 'unstable'.

When I say 'changed', I really mean 'aliased'. So if you fetch from
squeeze or stable you get exactly the same thing. In the background they
are really still called their original names, but end-users shouldn't
have to see that any more.

This is because 'squeeze' is a bit confusing when people are installing
on Debian wheezy, ubuntu, mint, and so on.

oldstable is still oldstable.

Now I'm going to start rewriting the package installation instructions,
they've accreted over the years and it's time for a bit of summer
cleaning.

--
Robin Sheat
Catalyst IT Ltd.