[Koha-devel] 3.18 install [was: koha-common install]

David Cook dcook at prosentient.com.au
Wed Dec 31 05:48:31 CET 2014

Regarding the "package supplied scripts", you can see the list here:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Commands_provided_by_the_Debian_packages

It seems a shame to use the tarball when you're on Ubuntu though. What
instructions did you use for installing the packages? It looks like you ran
into the problem described here:
http://wiki.koha-community.org/wiki/Koha_on_ubuntu_-_packages#Some_difficult
ies_were_encountered_installing_apache2-mpm-itk. I recently ran into that
problem myself when setting up Koha in Ubuntu 14.04 (although I was using
the koha-deps and koha-perldeps packages rather than koha-common for a
different kind of install).

My suggestion would be to run the following:

sudo apt-get install apache2
sudo a2dismod mpm_event
sudo a2enmod mpm_prefork
sudo service apache2 restart
sudo apt-get install koha-common

That way, you won't get those errors when you install " apache2-mpm-itk" as
part of "koha-common" resolving its dependencies.

If you don't like the idea of Koha automatically upgrading when new versions
are released, you could also take a look at holding the package:
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PinningHowto#Introduction_to_Holding_Packa
ges

David Cook
Systems Librarian